hi

Welcome to my amazing blogspot

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another sonnet for Stephan, Sonnet

  I think that this is a sonnet on how Alvin, the author of the sonnet is close to this Stephan person. I have 3 ideas for what I think Stephan is too Alvin. My first idea is that Stephan is Alvin son because he describes him when he was young and really cares for him. My second idea is that maybe he is going to have a son and he is predicting what will happen to his son later on in his life. I think this one makes a lot of sense because he is using present tense or future tense to describe something that sounds like happened in the past, I knew this because see is a future/past tense word. My final idea is that maybe he grew up with Stephan and grew up to be really close friends and then he saw his friend die. I think this is probably the most realistic option because it sounds real and that he dies from cancer or some heart problem and it just sounds like it actually happened.
 
 I think that this sonnet is really a timeline about what happened between him and Stephan. I think that they first met at age 4 or 5 and then they became friends and played with each other and became really close. Then they either went to the same college or went to different colleges. I think that Stephan went to the same college as him because he can describe how Stephan did in college really detailed. Then I think they got different jobs but they were still really close because he seems to know what Stephan does in his job. Then finally I think that they started to spend more time together because Stephan has some kind of disease, I think its some kind of cancer, and they want to spend some time with each other before Stephan is said to have died. Finally Stephan dies and Alvin writes this sonnet because he wants to remember that close bond they seemed to have shared with each other for their whole life.

1 comment:

  1. Really great blog post, you must have really thought hard about this, I didn't even think of the things you brought up. Good job.

    ReplyDelete