hi

Welcome to my amazing blogspot

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

City of Dreams

  I think this book called the City of Dreams, by Beverly Swerling, is really interesting because it is about New York in it's early days. I think that is interesting because I learned that early white people weren't just racist to blacks and asians but also to jews and people of other races. Also if the white guy was protasent that means he would probably be racist to white christians because England was a protestant country and New York is an English country, so they made fun of christians and even killed them. I also learned that before Washington D.C was the capital of the U.S New York was the first capital of the states. Finally I learned that they were very strict laws back then like if your wife wasn't doing things that you didn't like you could beat them with whips or with your hands.

 I really think that it's amazing how Morgan Turner a privateer turned rebel fighter survived on the H.M.S Jersey a British prison boat for 4 years, no other prisoner has lived past 2 months. I think that he survived because he was a privateer and he knows stuff about ships and how to limit his food for days. Also I think that maybe he was given more food because he was a respectable fighter against the British. I also think that maybe he didn't cause much trouble so they just gave him his food and didn't torture him as much as the other prisoners. Finally I think he survived because the other prisoners helped him to live, example give him his food because he was one of the main leaders of the rebel army and I think that they wanted him to live, escape the ship and then to continue to help Washington win the war for America.

No comments:

Post a Comment