hi

Welcome to my amazing blogspot

Friday, June 8, 2012

Coming of age blog post #2

    In my book the Countdown, by Deborah Wiles, I think that main character Franny has changed since the beginning the book because she shows her emotions more. One example of this is when her sister Jo goes to college without telling Franny she and Jo get into a huge fight over where she was while earlier in the book I don't even think Franny would of had the courage to argue with someone older then her. Another way she has changed is that she has become less shy. One example is how she talks to her crush Chris. I think that these changes could be good for her because they are letting her out of her little box of emotions and that she is becoming more like a adult by not being that shy anymore.

  I think Franny is showing her emotions more often because she is tired of her life. I think she might be tired of her life because she is tired of trying to show people she is all good and important, also she is afraid of her country being bombed by the Soviets, and she is tired of being treated like crap by her family and friends. She might also show her emotions more often because she is nearing puberty and becoming more mature, like an adult. I think her emotions are also influenced by the Cold War because she is nervous about dying in a nuclear war. Finally I think her emotions are showing because of being treated badly because she is tired of not being noticed and being mistreated which is activating her emotions so she might be noticed and being treated differently.

  I think Franny is now being less shy, especially to Chris because she is starting to know him better. I think she is being less shy to Chris because they hang out a lot now and she is getting invited to his halloween party. In my opinion I think she might also be less shy now because she noticed that being shy got her no friends and got her treated like crap so now she is being less shy so maybe she can get more noticed and treated better. She might also be less shy because she wants to be more like an adult so that people can be like she is the most mature one of the family, she would like this because she loves to be commented on a good note. Finally she might be less shy because she is going through the stage when she turns from a child to a grown up because she is 12 about the age when kids start to mature like adults.

   Overall I think that Franny's coming of age experience has been good because she seems to be happy with her life. Also I think Franny has changed for the better because people pay more attention to her and people treat her better. She also changed for the better because she is more mature then then she was earlier in the book. Another reason why she changed for the better is because she is finding her true self. What I mean by that is that she is finding her inner person, the person that most likely she will grow up to be and become.

No comments:

Post a Comment